Help Save An Animal!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Deconstructing My Orgy by William Maltese

Yes, I confess, that I, just into puberty, had a very vivid (wet) dream, one night, in which I screamed out— “Bring on the Dancing Girls!” —and woke up my parents who came running to see what was up; although I succeeded in keeping from them what had been “up” and had created the resulted mess underneath my blanket and sheet.

In that dream, which, by the way, I still very vividly remember to this day, I was hosting a very decadent Roman orgy, filled to the brim with studly naked men, shapely naked women, debauched entertainment, exotic food, and flagons of wine.

My fascination with Rome, orgies, naked men, naked women, debauched entertainment, exotic food, and wine hasn’t abated and has benefited me tremendously in my writing career. My ancient Roman m/m novel, GAIUS MAXIMUS (1973), written by me as William Lambert III, was one of my earliest m/m erotic novels:

In fact, that fascination has led me, by the nose, all my lifetime, into the presence of myriad promiscuous naked men and women, debauched entertainment, bizarre foods, and excellent wines. Read almost any of my novels, and you’ll find therein one or more of the above, the result of my “research”.

I had orgiastic sex in the ruins directly across from the Roman Coliseum and used that experience in my mainstream novel INCIDENT AT BRIMZINSKY:

I had sex on a private island off the coast of Capri, and used that experience in my m/m novel I, DEBAUCHEE:

In the spirit of by-gone Roman orgies that served up flamingo tongue, humming-bird baked in clay, dormouse, peacock, and sea urchin, I never met a meal of Mopane caterpillars, durian, tarantulas, or codfish sperm that I could pass up. Out of one list of the world’s fifteen most bizarre foods, I’d sampled (but not necessarily enjoyed) eleven. Of each wine enjoyed by ancient Romans, including Falernum, Caecubum, Setinum, I’ve tried to sample each and every one, or, more literally, its present-day equivalent.

The result of all that food tasting, sees me having co-authored several cookbooks; THE GLUTEN-FREE WAY: MY WAY & BACK OF THE BOAT GOURMET COOKING …

… with my DINNER WITH CECILE AND WILLIAM in its editing stages; my THE HUCKELBERRY GOURMET even now being written.

The result of all my wine-tasting, has seen me writing and co-authoring a book series, the ongoing William Maltese Wine Tasting Diary, that presently includes the wines of Spokane/Pullman, Washington…and the Pinot-Gs of Australia’s Mornington Peninsula

Admittedly, I’ve not carried my fascination to the point where my home includes, like those of most ancient Roman villas, a vomitorium, a room specifically designed for orgy participants needing to upchuck full stomachs before resuming debauched dining and sexual promiscuousness. As a result, though, I do find myself presently proofing the book galleys for my co-authored EVEN GOURMANDS HAVE TO DIET help- and cook-book.

The Maltese Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment