Help Save An Animal!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Twice Cursed by Jacqueline Paige




Title: Twice Cursed
Release Date: February 1, 2011
Author: Jacqueline Paige
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Whiskey Creek Press

  
Welcome Jacqueline, I'm so thrilled to have you here!  To get started, what is your latest offering?
Twice Cursed is my most recent release. 

What is Twice Cursed all about?
Rather than ramble on and give away too many details (a bad habit of mine), I’ll just give you the ‘blurb’.

Maddy is the oldest witchling to ever attend the Hidden Cove Academy, having been cursed as a teen; she’s forced to have a solitary life outside of her own magical community.  With her magic so dangerously unpredictable, she rarely takes the chance on mixing with the general public.

From one harmless trip to a museum she finds herself spellbound yet again by an invisible boundary, caused by a three hundred year old curse, dictating that Maddy must stay close to the stunningly sexy Colin.

Being stuck with a tall, dark, incredibly lick-able stranger can’t be all that bad, right? Until they discover if they get too close the spirits bound with the curse will take over their bodies ... at the same time if they’re too far from one another the curse will kill them both.

Will the curse's secrets be unraveled in time or does certain death await them both? 

That sounds like an enjoyable read. Was there anything in particular that inspired this book, or did your muse come up with it?
The idea of writing about a witch whose magic didn’t work quite right came to me out of nowhere, but by the time my muse was done with the plot, I had curses and spirits and things I hadn’t planned at all.

Who is your cover artist and how much input do you have in the design?
Gemini Judson did the cover and I love how she did it!  I sent a list of things that could be used to describe the story and she hit it dead on with the very first idea she sent me.

If you could co-author a book with anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why?
I don’t have a particular author in mind exactly, but I would have loved to go back pre-internet and television and work with an author that had to rely on nothing but their own imagination to build worlds and characters.  

Today we have it so easy — if our imagination is floundering around trying to come up with an image we can simply google it (or anything else) and there it is in living color right before our eyes.  My hats off to those writers that had nothing but their own brain power to run on when things weren’t fleshing out the way they wanted. 

What books are in your TBR pile?
I’ve actually tried to cut down my TBR pile – unsuccessfully I might add. I don’t have the time I used to have for reading L between my job and my own writing. The top of my pile though is reserved for those books in series’ that I have to read the day they hit the shelves!  Off the top of my head those authors would be Christine Feehan, Laurell K Hamilton, Cheyenne McCray, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Charlaine Harris and the list goes on and on

When you begin a new book, do you write it straight through, or do you work on more than one story at a time?
When I first started writing I focused on one story at a time. Then my muse took over and the list of plots grew to a much longer list. I still try to work on one at a time, with writing, although I can be editing two or more on the side as I go — but sometimes in the middle of one wip an idea hits and I have to sit down and get it going. It’s this sort of madness that now has me doing re-writes on three books, editing two books and writing two at the same time!

Tell me a little about your back list, and which of these is your own personal favorite?
My first baby would be the Magic Seasons series. Book I – Beltane Magic and Book II – Solstice Heat were both published but presently the entire series is undergoing re-writes to be released in the future. This series was a huge undertaking with so many characters to keep track of it turned into five books filled with magic and mystery that it will always hold a special place in my heart.

I have a few shorter works that I had so much fun with that I may have to take the time to do something short and sassy again in the future. They are Behind the Mask, a Halloween erotic tale of a cursed with at Amira Press. I also did a two part series In Our Dream, a sexy Christmas story involving a cop and undercover cop that is filled with unexpected paranormal elements and From A Dream is the sequel because their story wasn’t finished.  These are both at Amira Press as well.

Most recently I had the first book in the Hidden Senses Trilogy, Mystic Perceptions, released at Class Act Books. This is a paranormal romantic-suspense with murder and psychic abilities.

Shortly after that Salvation was released at Eternal Press. This would be my favorite story about a sexy cursed pirate ghost who finds himself in a new era filled with numerous things he doesn’t quite understand, including a modern woman that both intrigues and frustrates him endlessly.

What are you working on at the moment?
Aside from the re-write I mentioned with Magic Seasons series I am editing two different books— the first in my Animal Trilogy, Heart.

Three women without knowledge of their true heritage...
Three men that have waited for their mate all of their lives...
Hearts and tempers collide with wild passions and animal instincts
in the Animal Trilogy  

And the second book in the Hidden Senses Trilogy, Dream Visions. 
What if you weren't considered normal to the rest of the world? Would you give up everything in your life to help someone, even if it meant starting over again?” 

On the writing table I am working on a first to yet another trilogy – Sisters of Heart, The Witch From Within — a story about a woman that has no idea what her ancestors did to protect their heritage until strange things start happening to her.

The second I’m working on is After the Silence— which was completely unplanned and has been something my muse decided I had to write immediately.  The very first line in the book became the tagline and it’s been exciting for me because it’s nothing like I’ve ever worked on before.

“I was nineteen when the world went crazy - nothing that was would ever be again.”

Thank you for joining me, Jacqueline, if I twist your arm would you give us an excerpt? J
Thanks so much for having me!!! 

EXCERPT: 
“There is just no way to tell you this without you thinking I’m completely insane.” He sat there giving her a puzzled look. “Do you believe in magic, Colin?”
He smirked. “Like a magician?”
Maddy shook her head. “Um, no. Although a few that play at that game of illusions do have special abilities. I’m talking about magical people, who can do spectacular things...”
Colin smirked again. “Like witches?” He chuckled. “Are you an actress; is that what you’re trying to tell me?”
The kettle whistled. Maddy turned to pour it. “No, I’m not an actress. I’m a hereditary witch.” She fiddled with the tea bags, not wanting to turn around and see his expression.
“I see.” He really had no idea what to say to that.
She knew by his tone he was probably plotting on how to leave as soon as possible now. “I’m not sure you do. Have you ever seen someone do something that you just couldn’t ex-plain? Or thought you were seeing things?” She shrugged. “We’re really not supposed to use magic in the general public, but some do, at a terrible risk.” She glanced over to look at him. His look said it all: he thought she was a weirdo.
“Okay. Uh, so is there a reason for telling me this?” Why did the beautiful ones always have to have some sort of mental flaw?
Maddy turned from the cups and crossed her arms over her chest. “Yes, actually I do.” She hesitated for a few seconds. “When we were leaving the museum I thought I felt a trace...that’s kind of a feeling you...my kind get when magic has been used close by or to you...”
“A trace?” He studied her for a moment. “Again, why are you...” He looked like he really wanted to give her a chance. Just in case she wasn’t insane.
She let out a quick breath. “I think something was done to us...the pains hitting, but then leaving just as quickly.”
Colin raised one eyebrow at her and crossed his arms. Now he probably just wanted to go home. “I’m sure there’s a much more...sane explanation for this.”
Sane? Of course he thought she was insane. How did she prove to him she wasn’t some lunatic?

Author Jacqueline Paige

BIO: Jacqueline Paige is a world class multi-tasker. She is a mother to five adventurous and unpredictable children, a cafe manager and a colossal imagination that allows her to step outside of reality into a world of paranormal romance with just a touch of suspense.  Her first book was published in 2009 and since then has published six, with the most recent being the first in her Hidden Senses Trilogy.


No comments:

Post a Comment