Help Save An Animal!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Meant To Be by Jennifer Labelle


Title: Meant To Be
Release Date: February 16, 2011
Author: Jennifer Labelle
Genre: Erotic/Contemporary/Romance
Publisher: Secret Cravings Publishing

Blurb:
Jenna Baker is shaken up after her recovery with a near death experience. As if, being haunted with visions and losing her husband in a car accident weren’t hard enough. Could she be losing her mind? She finally moves on, only to have the husband she thought was dead suddenly reappear.

 After the shocking task of convincing Jenna that she’s not seeing his ghost, Tyler becomes overwhelmed with guilt for saving himself and leaving her to almost die. Jenna’s recovery takes its toll while Tyler’s vulnerability gets the best of him. He’s harbouring secrets that will devastate her and as Jenna unravels the truth her life takes an unexpected journey.

Welcome Jennifer Labelle, I'm so thrilled to have you here!  To get started, what is your latest offering?
Meant To Be

What is Meant To Be all about?
Meant To Be is an emotional story about, love, loss and new beginnings. It’s ultimately about the triumph of forgiveness, love, strong family connections, and close friendships, as Jenna takes readers through personal growth, unique experiences, and some sizzling loving.

That sounds intriguing. Was there anything in particular that inspired this book, or did your muse come up with it?
The muse.

There was one scene that came to me in a dream and I couldn’t get it out of my head. I wrote it out and worked on it from there. A few months later, Meant To Be was finished, and a few months after that it was picked up by Secret Cravings Publishing. I was very lucky. They’re a great publishing company to work with.

Who is your cover artist and how much input do you have in the design?
The lovely Beth Walker designed my cover. She was wonderful about allowing me to give my input. I gave her a description of my characters, ultimately what I was hoping to have on the cover and she did an amazing job following through with what I wanted it to look like.

If you could co-author a book with anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why?
I don’t think I could narrow it down to one. I’d say Danielle Steel because one of my all time favorite romance novels is Jewels. I’ve read it a ton of times and no matter what I cry every single time. Damn that William, why did he have to die…LOL. Just kidding I loved his character. Then there’s Nora, need I say more there. I tend to want to lean towards a darker side when I write and I’ve been encouraged by a few people in the industry to try out a horror novel. In that case I would have to pick Stephen King, let’s just face it the guy is legendary. I love Lauren Dane, Sandy Sullivan, Kathy Love, Kerri Arthur….
Okay, this question opened a can of worms for me. I seriously couldn’t narrow it down to one author. And this list would probably take me all day to complete if I carried on. There are so many great authors out there.

What books are in your TBR pile?
Sandy Sullivan - Gotta Love A Cowboy
Renee Reardon – Moonlight Bleu
Alianne Donnelly – Blood Moons
Robin Badillo - Forbidden

When you begin a new book, do you write it straight through, or do you work on more than one story at a time?
I would prefer to write it straight through, unfortunately at the moment my muse is screaming at me to finish four of my current WIP’s at once. *Sigh*

What are you working on at the moment?
Well there is a few as I mentioned above, but I haven’t written blurbs for them all yet though.

Deadly Consequence:
After witnessing her mother’s murder, Holly Hewitt struggles to cope. Parentless by a very young age, the only thing she longs for is acceptance and a place to call home. She’s given up hope and is left to fend for herself, until the one person she’s afraid to trust teaches her that life is worth living, and love is worth the fight to go on.
         
Alexander Sinclair is a young, carefree, good-looking guy who didn’t think he was looking for anything permanent in his life, especially when it came to women. Until, Holly came into his life. The beautiful, messed up vixen has him turned inside out, and longing to be with her. She’s had a hard life, and is fighting her attraction for him, but with a little persistence he’s determined to become her very own modern day hero.

This is a story about deadly consequences and the lives left behind.


Leather and Pleasure:
Rowan Avery Walker is planning to surprise her husband after ten years of marriage. On their anniversary she decides to enact one of his most desired fantasies, and there's no traditional night out on the town for this couple. She's no stranger to role-play, and when it comes to bedroom pleasures she likes to walk on the wild side. 

Ryder has never loved his wife more, and has a feeling that it'll be a night to remember. Starting off with unusual and unique gifts that peak his curiosity, his suspicions are confirmed when they pull up to their favorite members only club. Where desire lives, fantasies are enacted, and the words leather and pleasure take on a whole new meaning. Rowan makes it an anniversary he’ll never forget.


Thank you for joining me, Jennifer. If I twist your arm would you give us an excerpt? J
There’s no need to twist - here you go.

Adult Excerpt from Meant To Be:
“What is it, Jenna?”

She blushed, feeling a little silly. Since when had she ever been shy with him? The answer was never. “I’m different now,” she whispered. “With the scars, it’s probably not going to be very pretty to look at.”

He didn’t answer. Instead he continued to undress her until she stood before him completely nude. “Come with me.” He moved her in front of a long mirror and lifted her chin so that she was forced to look at herself. “You’re beautiful, Jenna.” His lips were close to her ear, and his breath was warm and soothing.

It gave her a chill as she leaned into him. “I’m glad you think so.”

“You’re trim.” He continued trailing his hands from her hips up to cup her breasts. “And perky. Perfect, God, Jenna, your breasts are just right the way they lay in my hands.” He tested their weight in each as he fondled them, stroking his thumbs across her hardened twin peaks.

“Tyler, don’t stop.” Breathless, and weak in the knees, she leaned into his embrace as he teased and tweaked her nipples between his fingers.

She reached back to stroke him, but he moved to stand in front of her instead. Starting with her feet, he gazed at her entire body with lust evident. Looking her in the eyes, he said, “The scars are still healing and barely noticeable. You’ve been through hell, and you’re still so damn sexy.” 

Before she knew it, the back of her legs hit the side of their bed, and he was lowering her.  He slid down her slick body, teasing her as he went lower. His tongue finally hit her sweet spot, and she arched her hips forward with a moan.

“Yes, Tyler, yes.” Her hands tightened in his hair with a demand to make her come. Taking a shuddering breath, she let the sensation that Tyler created ride through her. She knew it wouldn’t take her long to achieve her ecstasy. His mouth was magnificent as he licked solid strokes and swirled his tongue around her hard nub. “That’s it.”

She moaned again, thrashing her head from side to side; she was so close. Her grip on him tightened, forcing him to stay in the right spot. She thrust her hips and watched as he devoured her. Screaming his name, the climax hit her hard, but before the pulsing vibration of it finished, his pants were down, and his cock thrust deep inside.

He gave her a sexy smile and began to pump at a leisurely pace. “You’re so beautiful.”

“Love me, Tyler,” she whispered. “Fuck me. We’ll make love later over and over, but right now I need to feel you passionately.” She pressed her chest against his, rolling her hips to met his thrust at a faster pace. His cock filled her fully, warm and slick with her juices.

“Oh, God, Jenna,” he moaned. “I can’t hold it any longer. I’m gonna come.”

She reached between where they were joined to finger her clit. She held no shame when taking her own pleasure, knowing it drove Tyler over the edge.

 He impaled her all the way to the root of him, shuttering while his release filled her.

 Her second climax hit. Her eyes rolled in her head and closed until her last shudder finally eased.

Sweating and breathless, she covered her face as her heart rate slowed. “That was amazing.”
                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment