Help Save An Animal!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Delaneys and Me by Anne Brooke



Title: The Delaneys and Me
Release Date: April 18, 2010
Author: Anne Brooke
Publisher: Amber Allure Press
Genre: Gay/Erotic/menage/m/m/m

Blurb: When Liam makes a scene in the middle of a restaurant after his boyfriend, Brandon, dumps him, he knows Brandon’s cousins, the Delaney twins, will be after him for retribution. The Delaneys head up the local gangster scene and are not to be messed with. Especially as, in the heat of the moment, Liam threatened to take what he knew (and, really, he doesn’t know much) to the police. It’s a recipe for disaster. But when the Delaneys give Liam a choice between being shot or having sex with both of them, Liam finds that his evening might turn out to be rather more interesting than originally anticipated.

Welcome, Anne! What is your latest offering?
My latest offering is a gay erotic m/m/m story, The Delaneys and Me.
What is The Delaneys and Me all about?
When Liam makes a scene in the middle of a restaurant after his boyfriend, Brandon, dumps him, he knows Brandon’s cousins, the Delaney twins, will be after him for retribution. The Delaneys head up the local gangster scene and are not to be messed with. Especially as, in the heat of the moment, Liam threatened to take what he knew (and, really, he doesn’t know much) to the police. It’s a recipe for disaster. But when the Delaneys give Liam a choice between being shot or having sex with both of them, Liam finds that his evening might turn out to be rather more interesting than originally anticipated.
That sounds, um, well, kinda hot. How did you come up with the idea?
One of my publishers put out a call for m/m/m ménage stories and I wanted to write something comic and erotic, so this story was the result!
Tell me about your past releases and a little secret about yourself that no one else knows—I promise I won’t tell!
I publish gay erotic fiction with Amber Allure Press, which includes A Stranger’s Touch, Give and Take, The Hit List and The Delaneys and Me. With another publisher, Untreed Reads, I have an erotic story, How To Eat Fruit; a ghost story, The Girl in the Painting; a surreal fantasy, The Secret Thoughts of Leaves, and a biblical story, Dancing with Lions.
I also have a series of gay PI novels: Maloney’s Law (PD Publishing), and The Bones of Summer (Dreamspinner Press). Alongside that I have a psychological thriller, Thorn in the Flesh, and a romantic comedy, Pink Champagne and Apple Juice, both published by Bristlecone Pine Press.
And my little secret is that I used to collect coloured paper clips, which just goes to show what a sad life I have! I also have a real and abiding hatred for treasury tags. I’m normal apart from that though – well, almost …
Any new releases on the horizon this year?
Yes, a new edition of my gay psychological thriller, A Dangerous Man will be published by Cheyenne Publishing later this year. And Bluewood Publishing will be bringing out the first of my fantasy trilogy, The Gifting, as well, though dates have yet to be decided. At the same time, my gay erotic stories, Martin and The Wolf, and Tuluscan Six and The Time Circle are due out in June and July respectively from Amber Allure Press. Amber will also publish a straight erotic short story of mine, The Boilerman and The Bride, on 4 July. So I’m keeping busy!
What are you working on right now?
I’m currently writing the last part of my fantasy trilogy, The Executioner’s Cane, and am about one-third through. Wish me luck!
Thank you for joining me, Anne. Is there anything else you'd like the readers to know?
Just to say thank you for reading and thanks for inviting me – it’s much appreciated!
Excerpt:
Our journey progressed in silence for a while. Through the gap in the seats, I could see the gun where it now lay on Mark’s lap. I tried not to look at it, instead staring at anything else I could focus on. The streetlights, other cars, even my own knees.
A cool touch on my cheek almost made me jump. When I glanced to my left, I could see Johnny had eased over the seat so he was right next to me. Somehow, I hadn’t heard him. Now he was stroking my face, his finger moving across my skin. I tried to steady my breathing and, when he touched my mouth, I opened my lips and sucked his finger inside. His breath hitched.
The driver said something I couldn’t hear, and Mark turned in the front seat towards us. I stared at him, all the time sucking Johnny’s finger. Another one joined it, and I sucked on that one, too. Mark’s lips opened slightly. After a few moments, Johnny removed his fingers and began trailing them down my neck, leaving a line of saliva dampening my skin. I stretched my head up to give him easier access. When he came to my top button, he began to undo it.
“Leave him,” Mark said suddenly, his voice rough. “We’ll have time enough later, if we want to.”
At once, Johnny obeyed and shifted back to his seat. I sat there, panting a little.
“Yeah, Mr. Delaney,” I whispered, slow and soft. “You can have anything you want from me for as long as you want it. Do whatever you want to my body. How does that sound?”
In all honesty, I couldn’t believe I’d spoken at all, let alone had the balls to tease them. Hell, at least I still had my balls. This was something to be grateful for.
Johnny made a groaning noise and ran one hand through his hair, but Mark simply stared at me. I might have been wrong about this, but I thought he might not have known quite what to say. So I smiled at him and undid my top button. I did it nice and slow, just how I’d spoken to them. Then another button and another, while he kept on looking. When I reached inside and pinched my left nipple, it was he who gasped. It broke the spell.
“Jesus, Liam, do yourself up, would you?” he said, spinning around until he faced the front again. “We’re nearly at the bloody restaurant. What are you, some kind of man-whore?”
“Maybe, when it comes to you, Mr. Delaney, maybe,” I whispered, but he made no reply. I wasn’t even sure he’d heard.

3 comments:

  1. Great interview, and good to hear about the wide range of fiction you have published, Anne. I confess I've already got most of it - and have enjoyed reading it :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Clare! I can say the same about you of course! :)) Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, interviews with you are always interesting. I wish I could put out as much writing as you do. I'm slow as a sloth and I'm sooo jealous. You should've mentioned your short stories! You're good at those, too. (Just a hint for those who don't already know!)

    ReplyDelete