Help Save An Animal!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Valentine's Day by Robert Mulolo


Title: Valentine's Day
Release Date: February 14, 2010
Author: Robert Mulolo
Author Website
Publisher: XOXO Publishing
Buy Link

Genre: Contemporary, Erotica 


Blurb:
James, unfulfilled at his job, finds joy in the intimacy he shares with his wife Leah... Until one day falling for the temptations of his co-worker, Amelia. James' conscience resurfaces at the last minute causing Amelia to swear retribution for their unfulfilled fling. 
Can James, keep his job, even with Amelia’s wrath while keeping his marriage on the up and up?

 

Welcome Robert! What is your latest offering?
That would be my first released creation called Valentine’s Day. And no, this is not related to the movie with the same name. My story is better! 


What is Valentine’s Day all about?
Valentine’s Day is about James, who is very unhappy with his job. James finds relief from his stress at work from the intimacy shared with his wife. However, on that particular day, she refused him and he stormed out the house. He remembers a coworker who was very flirty with him and decides to give in to temptation and meet her at a hotel. At the last minute he has a change of heart and decides to go back to his wife. The coworker is mad and swears revenge on him. From there, a few things happen to James and his wife, Leah. For the end, you must buy the book and see! 


That sounds very romantic and realistic. How did you come up with the idea?
The idea came from a submissions call posted by XOXO Publishing. They wanted a Valentine’s Day story and I didn’t want to give just any Valentine’s  Day story. Romance is nice, but disaster on Valentine’s day is something that was really inspiring me. So I went on that idea and thought of the worst and best that could happen on Valentine’s Day. From there I didn't want to finish it on that one day only, so I kept going along with the idea and I kind of went overboard with it.



Tell me about your past releases and a little secret about yourself that no one else knows—I promise I won’t tell!
This is my first book release to say the truth. I’m quite excited about it.
As for a little secret about me… I learned English watching the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. My family moved to Montreal from France and living in Montreal, QC, I was looking for something to watch. We used to watch the Cosby Show back in France and coming here, I wanted to replace that. I found the Fresh Prince on TV. I didn’t know what they were saying, but it looked similar to the Huxtables. For two months, I would be stuck in front of the tube, watching the show and the first time I understood what was said, was when Jasmine Guy was a guest and said to Will Smith, “You so ugly, your mom had to tie a pork chop around your neck so the dog would play with you!” 


That's funny! Any new releases on the horizon this year?
I have submitted a short story called Holier Than Thou right now. It’s a story about a bitter young man who remembers his misadventures with female Church members during Church service. That should be coming out soon. I probably will have a few more to get completed. 


What are you working on right now?
I am currently working on a book called Caught In The Net and another story called Where Were You.


Caught In The Net is a story about a young man with very little social skills who seeks companionship and ends up finding it in a sociopath.


Where Were You is a remembrance story about 9/11 where at the end of the book, a few people agreed to give their story about 9/11.


I am also thinking about working on a sequel to Valentine’s Day which will be called Mother’s Day. 


Thank you for joining me, Robert. Is there anything else you'd like the readers to know?
Thank you for having me. To all the readers out there, you definitely should check out Valentine’s Day and Holier Than Thou. You won’t regret it!  


Excerpt:
      The end of the day could not have come any sooner. Being underpaid and overworked is one thing, but taking all of the bullshit from the customers and management for 10 hours straight was going to get me to start smoking. Instead of lighting up those cancer sticks, my loins had been lit up already. Being as sexual as I was, only one thing made me feel better and that was making love.  
      Knowing how my job was, getting married was the best solution. Single life required putting in the work of meeting someone and convincing them that a sexual encounter with you would be the best solution they made in life. Having a girlfriend was ok, if she lived with you and acted like a wife already. A wife was until death do you part. My girlfriend was living so far away that the commute became an issue, so we got married. In addition, I loved her too, so it was an easy decision and that day, I had to go home to my wife.  
      The only good thing about that day at work was Amelia, the new HR lady. She looked like trouble from the first day she started. She had more cleavage and legs showing than a strip joint. To say it all, she was a combination of Rachel McAdams and Salma Hayek. Always dropping hints that she wanted to partake in crimes such as adultery. I was not Kobe or OJ, but I appreciated the complement, regardless of the harassment I got from work.  
      Right before I left work that day, she gave me a card with her phone number on it, saying, call me tonight and let us become better friends 
      My player days were behind me and I was not looking to create more issues for myself, not that I did not think of it. She did make me want to have sex more, with my wife. I just needed to get home, relax, make love to my wife and forget about it all. 
      Of course, after work, you had to deal with the damn GTA traffic on the QEW. In my car, I dealt with everyone on the road the same way they dealt with me while Puff Daddy’s Victory was on repeat. I cursed them out at the top of my lungs though they could not hear me, but with the help of a few hand gestures, they were able to get the message. 
      While I was not going to war with other motorists, I was thinking about the last time I had sex with my significant other; her grinding on top of me, her hands on my chest for balance, my hands on her breasts to attempt to make her climax. Then I started thinking about being on top of her. When that was the case, my wife wanted me to have one hand around her neck while I was thrusting. If I did not do it, she would have her hand to my throat to remind me of what she liked. I had to admit, I was a bit of a follower when it came to sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment