Help Save An Animal!

Friday, January 22, 2010

TO SEDUCE A SOULMATE BY LAURA TOLOMEI



Title: To Seduce A Soulmate
Release Date: December 15, 2009
Author: Laura Tolomei
Author Website
Publisher: eXtasy Books
Buy Link 

Genre: Gay, Holiday, Contemporary, m/f, m/m, m/m/f 



Blurb: Finding a soul mate was the easy part. To seduce him proved Martin’s hardest challenge for nothing in Pirate Drake’s black intriguing eyes seemed to recognize the one person destiny had selected for him. But can the month between Thanksgiving and Christmas be enough to convince him of the contrary in spite of his dilemmas about gender, feelings, connections and sex or can Pirate Drake find a way around the burning desire, the erotic heat, the uncontrollable passion wrecking his senses at Martin’s mere sight?



Welcome Laura!
Hello, Rie, it’s always a pleasure to be here.



What is your latest offering?
Hot off eXtasy’s press, it’s called To Seduce A Soulmate.


What is To Seduce A Soulmate all about?
It’s all about soul mates, not the finding them part, which is difficult in itself, but the convincing them part, an even more difficult task. And I must admit, Martin has a hard time to prove to Drake he’s his true Soul Mate, the One destiny chose from the start to complete the dark pirate, his missing half as Plato wrote. Too bad for Pirate Drake it all boils down to a gender issue, an insignificant detail in Martin’s mind if compared to the sheer luck of having found one’s missing piece. And since Drake refuses to accept this simple fact, Martin has no choice but to take the path of slow seduction that hopefully will makes his potential soul mate question his convictions. But will it be enough to make Drake change his mind? 



That sounds very HOT! How did you come up with the idea?
A friend of mine couldn’t stop talking about one of the managers in her company. She told me so much about him that I started imagining him, making up motives for why he behaved in a cetain way until Martin sprung to life and begun telling me his tale on how To Seduce A Soulmate.



Tell me about your past releases and a little secret about yourself that no one else knows—I promise I won’t tell!
I’ve got quite a back list by now, Rie, which include:
Trespassing All Hallows Eve, my first release in October 2008
Divinitas, January 2009, a unique three stories in one about two souls reincarnating to quench their burning passion and taste for the divine
Sacrificial Sex, March 2009, a 2010 EPPIE finalist in the horror category
Roman Seduction, June 2009, which has received enormous consensus from many reviewers
Spying the Alcove, August 2009, a unique archeological tale written with two different narrating voices, one in third, the other in first person POV
Bloody Passion, October 2009, a very first for me since the horror it describes is written in a man’s first person POV.


All these are published with eXtasy Books.



Now, although I’m not sure I can trust you not to tell, I’ll go ahead and tell you my secret! I get scared stiff from horror movies and books. Honest! I can’t stand them, never could, never even tried. Certainly never read the books in my life and the few, very few, horror movies I saw, didn't let me sleep for days. The images tortured me every time I closed my eyes. And you want to know what’s really funny about all this? As an author, I’m making a name for myself in the horror and paranormal genre. Ha, life’s really strange, isn’t it? The one thing I’ve no knowledge of is also the same that comes most easily to my imagination and I’ve had no trouble describing it in all its gory details, including a human sacrifice Aztec style in Sacrificial Sex. Well, maybe that’s why it’s a nominee for the 2010 EPPIE Awards LOL



Any new releases on the horizon this year?
Absolutely yes. February 1st is the starting date of my new series, Virtus, a fantasy, paranormal saga about a prince, his lover, his woman and a mysterious three-sided
pyramid. In the first release, The Sex, out February first from eXtasy Books, my heroes get to know each other intimately, I’d say, and set off on a journey that will uncover the truth about themselves and their world, Sendar. In the second release, The  Game, the journey continues inside a twisted erotic game that will try to prevent our heroes from returning the three-sided pyramid to where it belongs. And if all hell breaks loose, they have only their lusts to blame.



What are you working on right now?
Right now I’m working on a new release for Whiskey Creek Press. This is a new publisher for me so I’m very excited by the switch, not to mention the novel. Strictly gay and paranormal as in my best style, Tasting Leon’s Mark is a contemporary ménage, which starts from two soul’s reincarnation after a bloody yet passionate chase through lifetimes, only to take them to a new level, both personally and together. But it’s also a story about choices, genders, compromises and coming to terms with one’s feelings, however unwanted they may be. Here’s a sneak preview of blurb and excerpt.

Blurb
  The world is full of hunters and their preys. But some preys can become hunters themselves while others have hidden claws. And not always surrender is the weak’s alternative. Surprisingly, it can turn out to create new connections or balance pre-existing ones, which is what Leon, Sean and Janet will find out in a dangerously seductive game of sex and revelation.

PG excerpt
   Leon grinned. “I’m glad to know I was right all along.” He reached to touch his prey’s limp cock. “Your reactions were surprising to say the least.”
   “For me, too.” The blond beauty took a deep breath. “I’ve always believed women didn’t attract me. When I saw them half-naked at the beach or on magazines, I didn’t feel anything, physically I mean. When I see a man, instead, every sense becomes alert, my mind starts picturing sex with him, even if I don’t like him that much. This has never happened with a woman.”
   “If it makes you feel better, it didn’t this time either. You liked one woman, which doesn’t mean you have to like them all. Like me, I only feel something for you, not for men in general.”
   The blond beauty was silent for a while. “Maybe you’re right, but I don’t know—”
   Leon forced him to turn around and look straight into his eyes. “You’re just worried you’ll lose your gay identity if you admit you like a woman. But I know you’re much too intelligent to let generalizations blind you. Gay doesn’t define you. It simply limits your choices. You’re a person, first of all, who happens to have his own particular tastes, which should never, ever become a label.”
   The dazzling blue eyes flashed in anger. “Funny of you to talk like this since you’re the first to deny our relationship, afraid to let people know you’re doing it with a man.”
   Leon searched the beautiful face for a moment. “You’re right, it’s my problem, too. If I haven’t told anyone, except Janet—”
   “The Kitty?”
   Leon grinned at the appellative. “Right. I guess in a way I have the same problem, as if by admitting I liked you, I was denying what I always felt was my heterosexual nature.”
   “That’s what defines us, lover.”
   “Well, it shouldn’t because we miss out on life’s infinite possibilities. And we, above anyone else, should make it true for our current lives since we denied it in our previous ones.”


Thank you for joining me, Laura. Is there anything else you'd like the readers to know?
Thank you, Rie, for having me. As a last thing, I’d like to leave your readers the links where they can find me.
Website 

MySpace
Facebook
Twitter

Goodreads


EXCERPT FROM TO SEDUCE A SOULMATE (EROTIC M/M/F)
Oddly though, his greatest boost came from the man on the opposite side of him. Green eyes flashing mischievously, Martin goaded him to surrender to the pleasure, playing a game that did not include the woman at all. She became irrelevant, her body used only to connect the two of them in a greater pleasure they could share together, however impossible that sounded. And Martin wrapped him into a magic all his own, which the pirate soon discovered inescapable. With a groan, he sustained the green provocation  pushing into the woman’s mouth at the same rhythm Martin shoved in her pussy.
“So you appreciate the game,” the blond devil grinned, evidently understanding Drake’s reactions. “But let’s make it more interesting.” Without waiting for confirmation, he slipped out, flipping the woman down on her back.
She did not complain, especially when he grabbed her legs to pull them up to his chest. “You know what I’m gonna do now, right, Pirate?” Martin’s Irish accent taunted.
With a shiver, Drake realized he knew exactly what the devil meant so it was no surprise to see her ass come up in front of the hungry cock. Flashing a grin, Martin pushed into the narrow hole just as Drake settled on his knees to reach for her open mouth. They pumped her together one more time almost moving at the same tempo, the game focused on them alone, uncaring about the woman. To Drake, it felt as if he was having sex only with Martin, without the intermediary, excitement flowing like an electrical current directly between them.
“But we could be closer,” Martin suggested. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,
    I can't wait to read about Martin and Drake and I see a few others you're working on that I'll definitely put on my TRL. Enjoyed the interview and excerpt.
    Lucky4750@aol.com
    Carol L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on To Seduce A Soulmate, Laura.

    Natalie Acres

    ReplyDelete