Help Save An Animal!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

With Laura Tolomei




Title: Bloody Passion
Release Date: Oct. 31, 2009
Author: Laura Tolomei
Author Website: www.lallagatta.com
Publisher: eXtasy Books
Buy Linkhttp://www.extasybooks.net/ebjmsite/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_comingsoon&product_id=6701&category_id=54&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=44&vmcchk=1&Itemid=44 
GenreDark Fantasy, GLBT, Horror, Ménage, Paranormal, Shape Shifting, Halloween, m/f, m/m, m/m/m

BlurbThe Druid, the hunter, his apprentice: sex, power and transformation...what else? There’s a hidden treasure inside everyone. Some show it, but only a few can afford it. Sometimes, you only need to know how to manage other’s treasures, even if self-destructive. But in the end, it’s like seeing yourself in a mirror. So how to explain the violence?


Welcome to Author Offerings. I am so happy to have you here today and to find out what your author offerings are. What is your latest offering?

Just out on Halloween day, Bloody Passion, available at eXtasy Books.


What is Bloody Passion all about?

It’s about finding one’s true self and accepting it. It’s about a passion so great it can actually penetrate the soul to uncover the darkest secrets and turn them into something better. Its about the Halloween magic, when spirits take shape and transform our instincts into actions, whether they be good or evil. It’s about learning to share, secrets, power and sex in an intriguing mix that will lead to murder and salvation. That’s what my Druid, Cedric, the hunter, Rory, and his apprentice will learn along the way to catch a dangerous predator, a four-legged one first, then a much more threatening two-legged one, in 1st Century Britain.


That sounds rather gruesome. How did you come up with the idea?

The idea was running through my mind already since I love that period of history.  I’ve studied it, read about it, invented other stories on it, like Trespassing All Hallows Eve, my first release, but it all came together when eXtasy Books had a submission call for a Halloween novel.


Laura, I know you have quite a back list of published works. Would you tell us about some of them?


Yes, Rie, I have several new books available.
  • Spying the Alcove, novel, August 1, 2009
  • Roman Seduction, short story, June 1, 2009, eXtasy Books
  • Sacrificial Sex, novella, March 1, 2009, eXtasy Books
  • Divinitas, novel, Jan.1, 2009, eXtasy Books.
  • Trespassing All Hallow's Eve, novel, Oct. 152008, eXtasy Books

What can we expect from you in the future, Laura?

For Christmas, you can expect To Seduce a Soulmate, a completely different type of story from Bloody Passion, still in the M/M genre, and one of my favorites so far. Dedicated to all those who believe in destiny and in the existence of a soul mate, To Seduce a Soulmate is a delicious Christmas story, a bit off my usual fantasy/horror genre. But not to worry, like in my best traditions, it’s strictly M/M, even if it happens in modern day USA, Atlanta for that matter in the period that goes between Thanksgiving and Christmas. One month might seem exaggerated to seduce a soul mate, someone who by definition should have no reservations about falling in love with the one person destiny selected for him, but such is life, presenting us with difficult choices to make, particularly when it comes to love. And nothing felt more upsetting than discovering Martin was Pirate Drake’s soul mate. So dilemmas about gender, feelings, connections and sex made it all the more difficult to make a choice, if Drake would ever make one. Or maybe Martin’s ability would conquer him in the end? And what about the craving, the passion, the burning desire? Well, it’s all there in To Seduce a Soulmate, my Christmas release by eXtasy Books.

Then from January 2010, my new series will begin coming out, the Virtus Saga a complete set of 6 books on Sendar’s tales of self-discovery and sexual freedom. The first release, The Sex, should be out by February, followed by The Game.

Thank you for joining me. Is there anything else you'd like the readers to know?

Thank you for having me, Rie and I hope readers enjoy the following excerpt!

EXCERPT:



Newlyn hadn’t said a word, staring intently into the fire, apparently unaware of the conversation. But he didn’t fool me one bit. Upon coming to the scene, I had immediately perceived his body tensing from the strain to feel the hunter’s intimate touch, the same way I recognized his annoyance now at my presence, which obviously upset his plans.
Rory grinned, his eyes sparkling mischievously. “Too bad our young friend isn’t as receptive.”
“Come on, Red, it can’t be all that bad,” I teased, my gaze catching the hunter’s and holding it steady. “There must be something he’s good at.”
The green eyes flashed. “Well, maybe there is, but despite numerous…break-throughs, it’s still far from perfect,” Red added, his tone suddenly growing huskier. At his innuendo, everything faded in the background, the forest, the fire, even Newlyn, leaving Rory and I alone to play the seductive game of hunter and prey, where the latter was as yet unaware of its destiny. “In fact,” he continued, licking his lips, “I could use an extra hand to explain my technique in greater detail.”
 Feeling the excitement mount, my body having gone hungry for far too long, I stared even harder at Rory’s handsome face. “I thought hunting was a solitary game,” I provoked.
Rory reached out to tousle Newlyn’s hair. “Wrong, Druid. The more to play the game, the better it is as you must have learned from all your solitary observations in the forest.”
Very hot in the face, I understood he had known about my spying all along, not only liking it, but turning it into a game between us. “Some animals prefer not to be disturbed during their…playtime,” I argued reasonably.
Rory shook his head, his hairy red mass flying all around. “On the contrary, Druid, there are some that appreciate more players and not just silent watchers.”
“Tastes differ…” I started slowly.
“Nonsense! A game is a game,” the hunter scoffed, grabbing Newlyn and pulling him close. “Right, puppy?”
Taken aback, the young man fell on Rory’s crotch. “I guess so, Master,” he mumbled confused.
“And the game requires an active participation from all its players. Wouldn’t you agree, puppy?”
Probably getting the first inkling of Rory’s drift, I saw the young man’s body tense. “I’m not sure I do, Master.”
“Of course, you do, puppy.” Grabbing his hair, Rory pulled Newlyn’s head up. “Cedric, here, is a dear friend and he’s as much interested in your training as I am. Don’t you think it’s time to show him just how much you’ve learned?”
“The buck’s probably scared,” I challenged.
“I’m not!” Newlyn spat, sounding offended.
“Then he’s simply inexperienced,” I concluded.
The hunter fixed his gaze on Newlyn. “Are you going to let him believe such lies?”
The young man shook his head.
    “Then prove him wrong.” Rory threw him to me and Newlyn was quick to grab the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment