Help Save An Animal!

Friday, November 20, 2009

With Cynthia Vespia




Title: DEMON HUNTER: THE CHOSEN ONE 
DEMON HUNTER 2: SEEK & DESTROY

Release Date: 9/2009 & 11/2009
Author: CYNTHIA VESPIA
Author Website: WWW.CYNTHIAVESPIA.COM
Publisher: ASPENMOUNTAINPRESS.COM
Buy Link: http://aspenmountainpress.com/coming-soon/coming-soon/demon-hunter/prod_264.html
Genre: SUPERNATURAL THRILLER; DARK FANTASY






Blurb: Costa Calabrese has just uncovered the truth about his past. Some truths should never be revealed. When you learn you’re the son of the worlds foremost and feared hunter of demons, life’s rules inevitably change. Now Costa has been chosen to walk in his famed father's footsteps and take up the role his bloodline demands of him...whether he wants to or not. He is a killer of killers, laying waste to the scourge of evil that threatens the existence of mankind. He is the chosen one. He is the Demon Hunter. 


Welcome to Author Offerings. I am so happy to have you here today and to find out what your author offerings are. What is your latest offering?


Thank you for having me, I’m glad to be here. Let me tell you a little story about a nobody who becomes a somebody in the bloodiest of ways. That’s the underlying theme of my supernatural thriller series Demon Hunter.




What is Demon Hunter all about?


Costa Calabrese has just come to learn that he is the son of a famous and feared hunter of demons and now he has been chosen to take up the role of “hunter” and fight the many faces of evil. In his journey to learn his deadly trade, Costa meets up with what ultimately become his companions: an egotistical Elf named Paralay and a beautiful mage named Talisa. I’ve somewhat married the idea of dark fantasy with the traditional epic adventure novel where believable, down-to-earth heroes go on an exciting journey.




That sounds awesome. How did you come up with the idea?


I knew I wanted to try something on the darker side, something that really tapped into the traditional good versus evil but came at it from many different angles. With the popularity of vampires rising within the last year it also spurred me on to deliver my take on the ancient tale. With Demon Hunter you’re not just getting vampires, there’s also werewolves and ghouls and in part two Seek & Destroy I introduce zombies, dragons, and shapeshifters.




Is this your first author offering, or do you have other books the readers should know about?


This is my first foray into “horror”  but I’ve tackled other genres in the past. My most popular piece of work is entitled The Crescent. Its set back in the early days of the Roman empire when answers were taken at the tip of the sword and gladiators were the rockstars of that particular era. We follow two women (one a slave girl, the other the queen) into the arena where they have to learn how to train, fight, and survive as gladiators. My other novel is more contemporary but it also has a twist. It’s a thriller entitled Theater of Pain and it’s set in the world of professional wrestling. The characters are so rich and diverse and their world so extreme I thought it would be the perfect backdrop for a story. Throw in a little jealousy, sexual tension, and murder and you’ve got yourself a helluva romp. BothTheater of Pain and The Crescent are available on my website www.CynthiaVespia.com and Amazon.com




What can we expect from you in the future, Cynthia?


Well, as I said Demon Hunter: The Chosen One is the first in a series. As of this writing part 2 Demon Hunter: Seek & Destroy will be released November 27, 2009 and I’m currently writing the third and final installment of the trilogy. Also, coming up in 2010 my paranormal thriller Unfinished Business will be released through Weaving Dreams Publishing. It’s a journey through life, death, and back again.




Thank you for joining me. Is there anything else you'd like the readers to know?


I always love to hear reader feedback. Feel free to drop me a line via contact@cynthiavespia.com 


And for fans of The Crescent, I am currently in preproduction of a feature film version. The script is complete and we’re ready to shoot, as soon as we get financing in place.
Thank you to everyone for the support and remember Live Your Dreams! 


No comments:

Post a Comment