Help Save An Animal!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

From Darren Michaels




Title:  Flipside Erotica: Both Sides of the Story  Vol. 1
Release Date:  April, 2009
Author:  Darren Michaels
Author Website:  www.flipside-erotica.com
Publisher:  self
Buy Link:   www.amazon.com/flipside-erotica
Genre:  erotica
Blurb:  sexy stories from both the man and woman's points of view.






Welcome to Author Offerings. I am so happy to have you here today and to find out what your author offerings are. What is your latest offering?
My first offering is entitled Flipside Erotica: Both Sides of the Story  Vol. 1.  I am excited to break into the erotic genre with a new and different idea that seems to be getting a lot of positive response.

What is Flipside Erotica all about?
This book is a collection of 24 stories in all; twelve from the man's point of view and the same twelve stories from the woman's point of view.  It's a collection of erotic stories of which half are true accounts and half are fabrications of my vivid and sensual imagination.  I never tell anyone which is which, and the names of the characters in the stories are always changed for obvious reasons.  The encounters take place in a variety of locations, including the office, the bedroom, and deep in the mountains after a long hike. 
The book is actually printed in two halves, and you literally flip the book over to read the other point of view.  So this technically gives the book two front covers.  It is logistically difficult, but is yet another way it stands out from the rest of the books in this genre.  I am very excited about the potential this project offers.

That sounds like a very creative and awesome book. How did you come up with the idea?
I had been writing these types of stories for a little while and wanted to see if I could write from the woman's perspective as a creative exercise.  It was a stretch for me, and I enjoyed the challenge.  When I was done, I was happy with the results and showed it to someone who reads these types of books.  She didn't believe that I had written it, so I figured I was on to something.  I decided to “convert” all of my stories to the other point of view once I had committed to writing a book.  The overall branding and name of the book was by design and forethought, hoping to create an easily recognized product.


Is this your first author offering, or do you have other books the readers should know about?
This is my first book, but I am nearly done with Volume 2.  I will be releasing that some time in 2010, adding to the collection of stories from both sides of the encounter.  Based on the response I have been getting, it appears that more than one book may be well received.

What can we expect from you in the future, Darren?
Volume 2 will be more of the same; hot sexy stories that offer both sides of an encounter.  I plan on continuing this type of approach since it is completely unique as best I can tell.  There is a sea of sameness out there, and so I really think that my book(s) will continue to stand out.   My books are also available in adult book stores around the country, well the nicer ones anyway.  Look for a copy in Fascinations, Castle Megastore and some Adam and Eve Stores.

Thank you for joining me. Is there anything else you'd like the readers to know?
I think the book and the stories will speak for themselves.  If you would like a free taste, you can log onto www.flipside-erotica.com/free and read a story I posted.  It is not found in the book, and when you read It is from the male perspective only, but you will get the idea of my writing style.  Haven't you always wanted to know what the guy was thinking during those times?  Well, now you can  :-)
I am working on adding audio book versions of my stories to my website.  Additionally I am adding an interactive page that will let people post their writing and gain feedback from others.
Check out my website and let me know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment