Help Save An Animal!

Friday, September 25, 2009

With Ashlyn Chase


Title: Oh My God
Release Date: Sept. 28. 2009
Author: Ashlyn Chase
Author Website: www.ashlynchase.com
Publisher: Total-E-Bound
Genre: Contemporary, Mythology-Fantasy


















Blurb:


What happens when a Greek God has amnesia--especially Dionysus, the biggest bad boy of Mount Olympus? 


The Greek God of wine, women, and party, falls off a balcony and lands on his head during Mardi Gras in New Orleans.  Now he has amnesia and has to rely on witnesses to tell him about his life.  All he knows is that they call him ‘Big D,’ and he’s a party animal who drinks too much and ought to give up alcohol for Lent.


Mandy and Brandy flashed Dionysus right before he fell and feel partially responsible for his amnesia.  They’re nice enough to take him to an AA meeting, and then back to their homes until he recovers his memory.  Fortunately, they’re not too nice to be naughty.  They all agree that replacing a bad habit with a healthy one is the key to sobriety, and what could be healthier than sex?  Will he come between friends before they know who he is?  Will Zeus separate all of them, forever?   




Welcome to Author Offerings. I am so happy to have you here today and to find out what your author offerings are. What is your latest offering?
Oh My God is an erotic comedy novella. It’s a previously published revamped version of a short story called Show Me the Bling. Both versions have been nominated for awards--the CAPA for Show me… and the Eppies for Oh My God. It was released in an Anthology and even though reviewers and contest judges loved it, sales were dismal. I really hope the independent re-release brings better luck. Third time’s a charm, right?

What is Oh My God all about?
Dionysus is the Greek God of wine and loves to party. He steals away from his worshippers to attend one of the biggest parties of all: Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
When Mandy and Brandy flashed him, he leans over the hotel balcony to throw beads and falls on his head. When he comes to, he has no idea who he is. The girls feel partly responsible, so they agree to take care of him until he remembers who he is and where he belongs.
The following day, they take him to an AA meeting, assuming he lost his balance because he was drunk. Imagine the God of Wine at an AA meeting! Anyway, during the meeting, they hear that one of the best ways to fight addiction is to replace their bad habit with a good one. And what could be better than sex?

That sounds like a lot of fun. How did you come up with the idea?
I was in New Orleans for a week. (This was pre-Katrina.) We had the best time, but the night we celebrated our anniversary was a little wilder than usual. I woke up the next morning wearing nothing but a red, feather boa and said, “Hey, when did I get this boa?" My husband woke up with beads and small skulls around his neck and said, “Wow, when did I get these skulls and beads?” True story.

Is this your first author offering, or do you have other books the readers should know about?
I have tons of books. Most are at Ellora’s Cave. www.jasminejade.com
This is the first one from the British publisher www.total-e-bound.com
I have another one coming from them in December of 2009.

What can we expect from you in the future, Ashlyn?
I just acquired an awesome agent, so you can expect me to become rich and famous. (chuckles) I have a mass-market paperback series of Urban Fantasies called Strange Neighbors coming from Sourcebooks beginning Spring of 2010. It’s about an apartment building full of paranormal misfits. I can’t wait! The first book in the series is called Hot Prospect.

Thank you for joining me. Is there anything else you'd like the readers to know?
Yes, I’m on Myspace, Twitter (as GoddessAsh), and Facebook…
AND I have a new yahoo group called Ashlyn’s New Best Friends where we play, share jokes, and generally run amok every day. All are invited! The more the merrier! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ashlynsnewbestfriends/
You can also see my book trailers on my website:
Thanks for having me! I appreciate the chance to meet new readers!

3 comments:

  1. Great blog, Ash! I think we need to hear more about this New Orleans trip...

    Rhonda
    (one of your new best friends)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Ash, I'm with Rhonda. You've been holding out on us. Give it up and tell us about New Orleans because it ain't Vegas. So, what happens in New Orleans ends up with you telling your friends.*G*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or even worse, what happens in New Orleans wind up in a book! LOL.

    I can only tell you what I remember and that isn't much! LOL

    Ash

    ReplyDelete