Help Save An Animal!

Friday, September 18, 2009

From Jeanne St. James

Title: Banged Up

Release Date: September 21st, 2009

Author: Jeanne St. James

Author Website: http://www.jeannestjames.com

Publisher: Liquid Silver Books

Buy Link: http://www.liquidsilverbooks.com

Genre: Erotic Contemporary romance w/ elements of suspense






Blurb:


Mace Walker can’t wait to get home.

Being buried deep undercover for the past two years, on the most complex case of his career, has torn him down physically and mentally. Now the FBI agent has come home to recover after having his leg badly injured from a gunshot wound. Arriving home late one night, his relief is short-lived as he’s faced with a stranger pointing a gun to his head, acting like he is the one who doesn’t belong there.

Colby Parks, a biochemist at the local university, had come to town a year earlier to escape an abusive relationship. She vows never to put herself in that situation again.

Then the perfect opportunity comes along: house-sitting for Mace’s sister while making the house she purchased habitable. But she couldn’t anticipate this big snag: the one wearing the tight Levi’s and worn leather jacket, looking like he had just escaped prison.

Being forced to share a house creates sparks between them in more ways than one. However, things take a turn when their pasts catch up to them, threatening to pull them apart forever.



Welcome to Author Offerings. I am so happy to have you here today and to find out what your author offerings are. What is your latest offering?


I have a steamy contemporary novel (m/f) releasing on September 21st from Liquid Silver Books titled Banged Up.



What is Banged Up all about?


Two scarred souls: one physically, one mentally. Both on the mend, hiding from their pasts…

Mace Walker, an FBI agent, has finally come back home after being undercover in the mafia for two years. During his tour, he was shot in the leg and he needs to go through extensive physical therapy to deal with his new handicap before he can go back to work.

Colby Parks, a biochemist, escaped an abusive relationship. She disappeared from the hospital after the last time her ex put her there. She settled in Mace’s hometown and bought an old house that needs extensive renovation. The house is unlivable, so when Mace’s sister gives her the opportunity to house-sit while she is on an extended honeymoon, Colby jumps on it.

Only Colby doesn’t know that Mace owns the house or that he’s coming home. And Mace doesn’t know that Colby is staying in his home.

You can read an excerpt here: http://www.jeannestjames.com/bookshelf



I'll be going to that link to read the excerpt, it sounds awesome! How did you come up with the idea?


First, I love to write about law enforcement. I have my A.A. and my B.S. in Criminal Justice and I have law enforcement training. In addition, I work as an emergency dispatcher and my fiancé (we are getting married on a beach in October) is a State Trooper. Most of all, I love a man in uniform.

It was just natural that my first published book would be about an FBI agent. But I also love imperfect heroes/heroines. No one is perfect. So I tend to make my hero or heroine (or both) damaged in some way or another. In Banged Up, the hero is damaged physically from being injured on the job and the heroine came out of abusive relationship.



Is this your first author offering, or do you have other books the readers should know about?


This is my first published novel. I've had a short erotic encounter published in Playgirl magazine. I have other manuscripts in the hands of publishers now.



What can we expect from you in the future, Jeanne St. James?


Well, I am currently have my erotic ménage a trios novel, Double Dare, submitted to a publisher. It’s a m/m/f, interracial story. I had a lot of fun writing it. I also just submitted a m/m novella, Rip Cord, to another publisher. And I have a m/f series I want to finish. The first of the series is almost finished. It’s about three brothers who are small town cops in upstate Pennsylvania.

And my head and computer is just full of other ideas.



Thank you for joining me. Is there anything else you'd like the readers to know?


You can find me all over the Internet: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, GoodReads. I love to make new friends. If you visit my website, on my Free Reads page, you can find my Playgirl erotic encounter story, plus two more free short stories.

1 comment: