Help Save An Animal!

Friday, September 4, 2009

Author Offerings From J.A. Saare

Title: A Kiss Before Dying

Release Date: September 4th

Author: J.A. Saare

Author Website: www.jasaare.com

Publisher: Amira Press

Buy Link: http://www.amirapress.com/shop/

Genre: Paranormal Romance Contemporary Fantasy




Blurb:

Katja Morgan has committed the ultimate taboo in the life of a blood slave; she has fallen in love with her master. Vampire Lord Sebastian Arsov is everything she has ever wanted - gorgeous, sexy, intelligent, kind. As their time together nears an end, she carefully constructs the ruse that will allow her to belong to her shellar in both body and soul.
But sharing an evening with her beloved comes at a high price - the cost of her life.


Disguised as a bed slave, Katja enters Sebastian's chambers to experience the pleasures she's been long denied. Including the bite that will ultimately kill her - what slaves refer to as a kiss before dying. As the night fades into the day, will Sebastian discover Katja's true identity before it's too late? Or will he lose the slave he's come to love above all others?


Welcome to Author Offerings. I am so happy to have you here today and to find out what your author offerings are. What is your latest offering?

My newest title is A Kiss Before Dying, a paranormal erotic short.


What is A Kiss Before Dying all about?

It’s about a mortal woman, Katja Morgan, that’s spent the last ten years as a blood slave to a vampire house. Once brazen, foul-mouthed, and unrefined; she has grown and matured into a lovely young woman. Now that her time with her vampire master, Sebastian, is nearing an end, she realizes she isn’t willing to have her memory cleansed of the man she’s fallen in love with. She constructs a plan to share Sebastian’s bed, a taboo among the blood slaves, as the penalty for such is death.

Sebastian Arsov is an ancient vampire who yearns for his Bride. Unfortunately, the vampire race is dwindling, and they have been forced to turn to the mortal realm to sustain their numbers. His blood slave, Katja, ignites all of his deepest desires. But due to vampire law, he cannot express or reveal his love for her.

One night will see them together, but what will happen when the sun rises? You have to read to find out!


That sounds very cool, I can't wait to read it. How did you come up with the idea?

At the time, I was having issues writing sexual scenes in urban fantasy and horror. I adore blood and carnage, but when it came to sex, I was all kinds of prude. As that worsened and began affecting my work, I figured it was high time to get over it and grow a pair!

I decided to challenge myself by writing something as romantic as it is erotic, and the idea of blood slaves, bed slaves, and a secret vampire society seemed perfect. I wrote A Kiss Before Dying while in the airport lobbies from Alabama to Colorado during a business trip. It was a great way to get over that pesky block!


Is this your first author offering, or do you have other books the readers should know about?

I have several works contracted, but they are without release dates. There is Crimson Moon, a full length paranormal romance from The Wild Rose Press. Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between, a full length urban fantasy from Eternal Press. And Moon Kissed and Soft as Moonlight, from Amira Press.


What can we expect from you in the future, J.A. Saare?

You can expect more urban fantasy, erotica, horror, and romance from my PC. I’m constantly rotating genres, and because of that, I’m juggling multiple projects. I recently finished a full length paranormal romance, Eternity and a Day, and have it polished and ready to submit.


Thank you for joining me. Is there anything else you'd like the readers to know?

Hey, thanks for having me!! My moniker is J.A. Saare, but you can call me Jaime. I love to read, gab, and converse regularly with imaginary people. Feel free to swing by my website www.jasaare.com or my blog www.jasaare.blogspot.com at anytime if you want to chat or shoot the breeze! When I have future release dates, I’ll begin having contests!

Also, be sure to check out the 2009 September issue of Niteblade Fantasy and Horror magazine which includes my short story, Penance. I’m extremely excited to be featured alongside these most exceptional authors and poets!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Rie - love the website. I'm sure to find lots of stories to add to my TBR pile. This one sounds very interesting. I love vampire stories.

    One item that I'd love to see added to the opening story detail near the title and publisher is the length. Short, Novella, Novel, Super Novel, etc.. Right now with my busy schedule I tend to buy more shorts or super shorts.

    Thanks again for the fun site!

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good idea, Jenna. I don't know why I didn't think of it to begin with! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting me today, Rie!! ;)

    ReplyDelete