Help Save An Animal!

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Author Offerings from Reese Johnson


SOUL SEARCHERS by Reese Johnson
Coming June 8, 2009
Genre: Contemporary/Shapeshifter/M/M
Blurb:
When Timberlin Barrows' father found him in bed with his lover, Micah, he had no idea how that fateful night would change his life forever. As Lord Barrows' men dragged Micah kicking and screaming from the bedchamber, Timberlin could do nothing to help the only man he'd ever loved, except pack his belongings and leave home.Following his father's men, Timberlin searches for Micah, hoping to find his body and give him a decent burial. But when he winds up deep in the swamps in the middle of the night, he finds more than Micah's body submerged in the deep, dark waters.
Welcome to Author Offerings. I am so happy to have you here today and to find out what your author offerings are. What is your latest offering?
My novella, Soul Searchers is being released on Monday and I'm very excited about it.
What is Soul Searchers all about?
The story begins in New Orleans in 1753 in a prologue that explains the beginnings of my lead character, Timberlin and his lover, Micah. The story then moves ahead to the present day and time, set in Colorado. Timberlin and Micah are werewolves living with their clan, a group of werewolves who are considered outcasts by other clans. Some are gay, lesbian, straight, black, white, Mexican--just a rainbow made up of different people and cultures. Opposing them is another clan of werewolves who hate the fact there are gay werewolves and set out to destroy Timberlin and his clan.
I love werewolf stories. How did you come up with the idea?
I spent a lot of years in prison, which is a very prejudicial environment made up of different races, cultures, and beliefs. I used what I know of prison and made a werewolf society that is similar.
Is this your first author offering, or do you have other books the readers should know about?
This is actually my second novella. The first one, Sex & Chocolate is also a M/M contemporary story that deals with the issue of AIDS.
What can we expect from you in the future, Reese?
Right now, I'm just trying to kick back and relax a little bit and enjoy my freedom. I have a couple of projects I'm working on, but I don't have any details at the moment.
Thank you for joining me, Reese. Is there anything else you'd like the readers to know?
Thank you for having me. I will be giving away a few copies of Soul Searchers during the month of June, so please visit my website to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment