Help Save An Animal!

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Author Offerings from Lex Valentine


Title: MatingRelease Date: 6/16/09
Author: Lex Valentine
Publisher: Freya's Bower
Genre: Paranormal erotic romance
Blurb:
As the pack Alpha, Roul Verlaine always looked out for his twin brother Ranulf. Now, Ran's mated and run off to New York City. Deciding to check up on his twin, Roul hires the Watcher Agency to follow Ran and his new mate. But when Roul arrives at Watcher, the owner is not what he expected. Morgan Kale is a rare white werewolf, a lone wolf. She's not looking for a mate so when Roul walks into her office and her senses start pinging, she's not exactly happy about it. With Roul only in New York for three days, Morgan has to decide whether to tell him they are mates... or let him walk out of her life forever.
Welcome to Author Offerings. I am so happy to have you here today and to find out what your author offerings are. What is your latest offering?
My newest release is Mating, the first of two short stories about twin werewolves - one Alpha, one Beta - and what happens when each suddenly finds their mate.
What is Mating all about?
Mating is the story of how the Alpha twin werewolf from the Verlaine pack finds his mate. His brother mates suddenly and Roul is sent into a tailspin. Wanting to ensure that his twin is happy, he goes to New York City and hires an agency that specializes in following and digging up information on immortals. The Watcher Agency is run by Morgan Kale, a rare white werewolf, who is a loner by choice and necessity. When Morgan and Roul meet sexual sparks fly. Morgan knows instantly that Roul is her mate. He hasn't picked up on the clues though and she has to decide whether or not to tell him.
That sounds like something right up my alley! How did you come up with the idea?
I actually wrote the companion story about the Beta twin first. Runaways is Ranulf's story. I wrote it for a cover contest at Faith Bicknell-Brown's Avoid Writer's Hell Yahoo group. M.E. Ellis did the cover. I fell in love with the artwork and decided to enter the contest. When I gave Runaways to author Dee Carney to crit, she basically ripped me a new one over it. And she was right. (She always is when it comes to my writing. LOL) So I set Runaways aside and decided to write Ranulf's twin's story. Mating pretty much flew from my brain to my fingers. Author Mary Winter critiqued it and really enjoyed it. That's when I knew I had a winner. Once Mating won the contest, I fixed Runaways and submitted it to Marci Baun, hoping to have both stories at the same publisher. M.E. Ellis did the Runaways cover so they would look alike. Funny how someone's art can inspire not one but two stories!
Is this your first author offering, or do you have other books the readers should know about?
Mating is my fourth release. My other three releases are The Wise Guy at Noble Romance and at Pink Petal Books there's Shifting Winds - Tales of the Darkworld Book 1, and Hot Water - Tales of the Darkworld Book 2. I also have a free holiday story available at Pink Petal Books - Christmas Hookup.
What can we expect from you in the future, Lex Valentine?
I have several other releases on tap for this year. Fire Season - Tales of the Darkworld Book 3 is a full length M/M dragon shifter novel that will be released the first Thursday of July. I have a contemporary short entitled Silver Lining that will be in the Thrilled digest coming in July from Midnight Showcase Fiction. Mating's companion story Runaways will be coming from Freya's Bower. I have a dark tale in Wild Child Publishing's Weirdly 3 anthology which will probably be out in the fall. It's called Ain't Nuthin' But a Hellhound. I have a Twisted Tale from the Darkworld - The Pixie Prince coming soon from Cobblestone Press. I'm in the middle of 6 other projects that could well see daylight before the end of the year if completed, subbed and accepted: Ride the Lightning - Tales of the Darkworld Book 4 for Pink Petal Books, a M/M cowboy Christmas story for Pink Petal Books, a M/M ghost story for MLR Press, the sequel to the Pixie Prince for Cobblestone Press, the story of a master who runs a BDSM club for Loose ID, and an urban fantasy for Liquid Silver books.
Thank you for joining me. Is there anything else you'd like the readers to know?
I blog weekly and sometimes more at my personal blog Sunlight Sucks (http://www.sunlightsucks.com) and once or twice a month at Flirty Author Bitches (http://www.flirtyauthorbitches.com). I'll be taking submissions for a M/M cowboy holiday anthology for Pink Petal Books. The Call for Submissions is on the News page at Flirty Author Bitches and LexValentine.com. Anyone interested in the call can email me. Thank you for having me, Rie!

No comments:

Post a Comment