Help Save An Animal!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Author Offerings from Kelley Heckart


Title: Cat's Curse, Book One: Dark Goddess Trilogy
Release Date: June 12, 2009
Author: Kelley Heckart
Author Website: http://www.kelleyheckart.com/
Publisher: Awe-Struck
Blurb:

Cardea, follower of the Great Goddess is cursed to live an eternity as a blood drinker. For centuries she has lived with hate hunting and feeding off humans. Now she finds herself at the end of a sword blade held by the most handsome and arrogant man she has ever met.

Aedan mac Gabrain, prince of Dal Riata and a Christian, trusts no one after suffering a curse that keeps him from touching any females or he will turn into a black cat like his brother. He especially distrusts this strange female who could be the one who cursed his clan since no one knows Cat Anna's true face.

Can two tortured souls find love while battling a dark goddess determined to destroy them?

Welcome to Author Offerings. I am so happy to have you here today and to find out what your author offerings are. What is your latest offering?
Hi Rie, thanks for having me on your blog. My latest release is Cat's Curse, the first book in a trilogy that involves an Irish clan with secrets, a curse, a Greek vampire and an angry Goddess. By combining history with elements of romance, mythology and the paranormal, Cat's Curse brings to life a little known period in history—a time when magic and conflict reigned as the Christian clans of Dal Riata fought for control of the pagan land of the Picts. Behind it all is the Cailleach (also known as Cat Anna), an ancient Fae/goddess, who will stop at nothing to keep the Christian warlords from gaining control of Alba (Pictland). I think Cat’s Curse will appeal to readers who like historical romances and those who like paranormal or fantasy romances.

What is Cat's Curse all about?
Cat's Curse is about finding love when all the odds are stacked against you. My hero is under a curse and can't touch any females or he turns into a black cat, and my heroine has been under a curse for centuries and has to drink blood to survive. And to make matters even more difficult, an angry Goddess wants to destroy my hero. The other obstacle is he is a Christian while my heroine is a follower of Astarte. This is my first book with a vampire. I decided to do something different and make her a Greek vampire, cursed to live an eternity as a blood drinker by the Levite priests. She is half-human and half-serpent, not your typical vampire.

That sounds very exciting. I have traced my family line back to the Picts, so tell me, how did you come up with the idea?
I started researching the Picts and came across a sixth century Irish warlord who had a shadowy past. He may have even fathered a king of the Picts. This man fascinated me and I imagined what his 'shadowy' past might have been like. So armed with a pen and my imagination I started writing Cat's Curse and it evolved into a trilogy.

Is this your first author offering, or do you have other books the readers should know about?
I have three other Celtic romances out with Awe-Struck—Of Water and Dragons, Ravenwolf and White Rose of Avalon.

What can we expect from you in the future, Kelley?
I have two more books coming out with Awe-Struck this year. Night's Daughter comes out August 28. This is part of another series (involving Of Water and Dragons & Ravenwolf), but can be read alone. Night's Daughter is a re-telling of the war between the Titans and the Olympic gods. And I have the second book in my trilogy, Beltaine's Song, coming out November 13. The third book in the trilogy, Winter's Requiem, should be out sometime next year.

Thank you for joining me. Is there anything else you'd like the readers to know?
Thanks for having me. I always love to hear from readers. I can be found online at www.kelleyheckart.com and can be reached through my website or at kelleyheckart@kelleyheckart.com Stop by and check out all the free information I have on my site on faeries, the ancient Celts, the Tuatha de Danaan and pre-Hellenic Greek Goddesses. Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment