Help Save An Animal!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Author Offerings From Amanda Young


Title: Hunger

Release Date: July 7, 2009

Author: Amanda Young

Author Website: www.AmandaYoung.org

Publisher: Loose Id

Buy Link: http://www.loose-id.com/prod-Chicken_Ranch__Hunger-957.aspx

Genre: GLBT Contemporary



Blurb:

Disowned and cast out of his home, eighteen year old Declan Mayo turns to the only thing he can think of to help him get back on his feet. Working at Chicken Ranch, a rural brothel that caters to women and gay men, seems like the perfect solution. He isn’t about to let a lack of sexual experience stop him from taking what he sees as his only way off the streets.

Falling in love with one of his clients wasn’t in the game plan, but Declan can’t seem to help himself. Killian Hamilton is sweet and kind, with a stutter Declan can’t help but find adorable. Surely, if anyone could overlook Declan’s choice of employment, it would be a kindhearted man like Killian.

What Declan doesn’t count on is Killian’s connection to one of the brothel’s regular clients, or the way his love life is about to blow up in his face.


Welcome to Author Offerings. I am so happy to have you here today and to find out what your author offerings are. What is your latest offering?

Thanks for allowing me to be here and share a little bit about my latest release, Chicken Ranch: Hunger.

What is Hunger all about?

Hunger is the first book in my new Chicken Ranch series. The story is about a young man named Declan who’s thrown out of his home when his father finds out he’s gay. Left homeless and penniless, Declan turns to the world’s oldest profession to survive. Once there, he meets Killian—a man who has his own issues—and they fall for each other.

It’s a very angsty story, but I had a lot of fun writing it. I’m looking forward to penning the other boy’s stories as well.


That sounds like a gripping story. How did you come up with the idea?

A friend and I co-write Don’t Look Back, a romantic suspense story featuring a reformed female prostitute, and it pinged my imagination. Of course it didn’t hurt that my husband was watching those Cathouse shows on HBO at the time either.

Is this your first author offering, or do you have other books the readers should know about?

Oh my…yes. I have a growing backlist of titles at Amber Quill, Loose Id, and Samhain publishing. You can find the entire list on my website, as well as free reads and coming soon books. www.amandayoung.org

What can we expect from you in the future, Amanda Young?

People can look forward to more books in the Chicken Ranch universe, as well as the final two books in my Reckless series. I also have a rare M/F title coming out in August called Don’t Look Back, which I co-wrote with Michelle Cary.

Thank you for joining me. Is there anything else you'd like the readers to know?

That’s about it, hon. Thanks for having me.

No comments:

Post a Comment